• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno - CTSC 6lb kit, Autorotor, 2005 NSX-T

Below is a recent CT dyno result for my '05 NSX. It's running with the CTSC 6lb kit w/autorotor and CT intake/headers/exhaust.

RWHP: 361.1 @ 7800
FtLb: 248 @ 6700
Max Boost: 6.1 lbs
A/F: 10.1 to 10.8

The hard-wired harness for my ACM was replaced with the plug&play harness that's shipped with the standard CTSC kits. In addition, the ACM software was updated to fix an issue with low battery voltage. CT discovered on my car as well as their's that the ACM would resent itself whenever car was started with a flat battery. ACM was resetting itself when battery voltage dipped below 10 volts which prevented the car from starting. The ACM software update lowered that voltage threshold to below 9 volts.

ctsc-dyno-4-14-06.jpg

Last edited:
What do you mean when you say the ACM resets itself? Do the maps change from what they should be?

I got about equal numbers with Cantrel AIS/Comptech Uni/Taitec JGTC Parallel Exhaust. Stock headers.

Max HP 359
Max Tq 250

Ive suspected that my cars pretty rich too.

Picture%20014.jpg

NetViper said:
Why is it tuned so rich? 10.1-10.8? WAY rich.

What A/F ratio would you consider ideal? 11 - 11.5? For a boosted car, wouldn't an A/F of 12 be too lean?

To be clear, 10.8 - 10.1 was the A/F range at WOT across the entire RPM range. But mostly, it's 10.6 - 10.8 below 5000 RPM and dips down to 10.5 - 10.1 above 5000 RPM.

BioBanker said:
What do you mean when you say the ACM resets itself? Do the maps change from what they should be?

No, map doesn't change... it's flashed. I meant resets as in how a computer reboots.

Last edited:
Man I really hope by the time I get mine these revisions are there. These numbers look great. I mean we are talking somewhere around 420 or so crank horsepower. That's some serious business.

How does the car feel? what is that big dip in the power band, the switch over point to Vtech? shoots up like an arrow after that.

TURBO2GO said:
Man I really hope by the time I get mine these revisions are there. These numbers look great. I mean we are talking somewhere around 420 or so crank horsepower. That's some serious business.

How does the car feel? what is that big dip in the power band, the switch over point to Vtech? shoots up like an arrow after that.

Power delivery is very smooth and ramps up quickly. :D I do feel a little extra kick when it hits that dip. :cool:

NSX-Tuner said:
Power delivery is very smooth and ramps up quickly. :D I do feel a little extra kick when it hits that dip. :cool:

OK now yank the cats off and tell us what you get... :biggrin:

NSX-Tuner said:
What A/F ratio would you consider ideal? 11 - 11.5? For a boosted car, wouldn't an A/F of 12 be too lean?

To be clear, 10.8 - 10.1 was the A/F range at WOT across the entire RPM range. But mostly, it's 10.6 - 10.8 below 5000 RPM and dips down to 10.5 - 10.1 above 5000 RPM.

I am certainly not an expert, but going off what my tuner said and what many others have said, you would be around 11.8-12.2 to make good power and be safe. I can tell you when my car hits 10.1-10.4 it bogs.

There must be a reason comptech set it up that way.

NetViper said:
I am certainly not an expert, but going off what my tuner said and what many others have said, you would be around 11.8-12.2 to make good power and be safe. I can tell you when my car hits 10.1-10.4 it bogs.

There must be a reason comptech set it up that way.

I just spoke with Shad @ CT. He said ideally if you have complete control over fuel and timing, mid 12's would be good to make max power. However, with the CTSC kit, only fuel is controlled via the ACM. He also said that 10.1-11.0 is a safe A/F ratio under WOT conditions for their SC application.

Its probably because timing is not being pulled back. They're dumping excess fuel in there to make it safer given stock timing and lower than the whipple IATs.

Just guessin'

mickeylex said:
Nice numbers Gary. I got dibs on rides at the next meet. :biggrin:

You betcha... :D But it don't ride quiet as comfortable as before... :eek: it's been lowered and had a rather stiff suspension upgrade. :D

Also remember that the comptech Dyno reads about 12% LOWER then a dynojet. The DD dyno is the lowest reading dyno out there. So if you went to a Dynojet you would be around 400+ to the wheels.

Ryanmcd2 said:
Also remember that the comptech Dyno reads about 12% LOWER then a dynojet. The DD dyno is the lowest reading dyno out there. So if you went to a Dynojet you would be around 400+ to the wheels.

True, but I think of them use a 12-13% correction when the post like this to get a number that is comparable to the Dynojet.

NetViper said:
True, but I think of them use a 12-13% correction when the post like this to get a number that is comparable to the Dynojet.

I think of them use?
"I'm turning Japanese, I think i'm turning Japanese, I really think so..":biggrin: :wink:

Last edited:
I don't think so and the reason I say this is because a 06 Z06 put down 407 on that dyno as well and on dynojets they are like 460-470.

Shumdit said:
I think of them use?
"I'm turning Japanese, I think i'm turning Japanese, I really think so..":biggrin: :wink:

Hmm.. that didn't really make much sense! :)

Most people with Dyno Dynamics apply a correct of 13% to get numbers that compare to DynoJet.

Ryanmcd2 said:
I don't think so and the reason I say this is because a 06 Z06 put down 407 on that dyno as well and on dynojets they are like 460-470.

Maybe where you are they do not. I am pretty sure comptech does and I know autowave does.

TURBO2GO said:
OK now yank the cats off and tell us what you get... :biggrin:

Yes, dyno that boy sans cats and quash the disbelievers.

Has anyone run the qtr mile with the new Autorotor and I/H/E setup?

Has anyone run the qtr mile with the new Autorotor and I/H/E setup?

Yup! See the link below for some video clips. I have a '95 with CT I/H/E and the new Autorotor. I also have short gears and the CT 4.55 R&P. I also ran with my heavy 18x10 HRE 540's. I wasn't too happy with my ET's (best time was a 13.0) but the trap speed (110mph) is consistent with the power that I put down on the dyno (355 wrhp). Now if I can get my 60ft. times down from the 2.2/2.4 range to the 1.8/2.0 range I would be clocking mid 12's easy.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66836

Back