• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type s suspension part #s

Would anyone have access to the part #s for the types s suspension ( shocks and springs) similar to what is available from SOS. Can get parts from a contact at Honda but he cannot find the part #s.

Thanks

Ask you local parts dept for the zanardi susp #

I have managed to get the numbers for the Zanardi suspension but I believe they Type s is an upgraded version as of 2002. The local shop can't seem to locate the numbers as I believe they may be from a Japanese system that they can't find. The Zanardi numbers are :

Front struts complete
51601-SL0-J02 RT.
51602-SL0-J02 LT.
Rear struts complete
52610-SL0-J01 X 2

I think it is the "J" in the number indicates it is not typical North American issue. Just a hunch though.
Either the dealer ( Canada) couldn't find it or couldn't be bothered.
I want this type as it lowers the front more than the rear which will fit my situation better than the Zanardi which is an equal drop front and rear.

BV

SOS!!! H-e-l-p

coiler said:
I have managed to get the numbers for the Zanardi suspension but I believe they Type s is an upgraded version as of 2002. The local shop can't seem to locate the numbers as I believe they may be from a Japanese system that they can't find. The Zanardi numbers are :

Front struts complete
51601-SL0-J02 RT.
51602-SL0-J02 LT.
Rear struts complete
52610-SL0-J01 X 2

I think it is the "J" in the number indicates it is not typical North American issue. Just a hunch though.
Either the dealer ( Canada) couldn't find it or couldn't be bothered.
I want this type as it lowers the front more than the rear which will fit my situation better than the Zanardi which is an equal drop front and rear.

BV

You are right about the 1999 Zanardi NSX having a suspension that differs from the JDM 2002 Type_S NSX's suspension. I have the former & the part numbers you listed are correct. The latter was revised & tuned in it's spring-rates, etc.

I think your best bet is to email or call Chris at SOS as they are the only ones that I know of who sell the NSX Type_S suspension. I'm unsure if there are any NSX owners on 'Prime who actually have it. I do know there are a handful who have the Zanardi ( :cool: ) & NSX-R suspensions.

I'm curious of why you prefer the greater drop in the front assuming to be w/ the Type_S suspension. Are you planning to run 17/17 or 18/18 setup? According to the FAQ's section on Prime for the Zanardi NSX, the front drop is 0.6" & rear drop is 0.3". Those are also the same figures of reduced height given by SOS for the Type_S suspension... :confused:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/zanardi.htm

I have a 91 with stock rims/tires at this time so if I want a bit wider tire on the front I pretty much have to go up in diameter especially if I want to go 17/18. The rear is easier to maintain a dia close to stock on the 18 rim. I am trying to keep the rears as close to stock dia as possible. I figured the extra dia will be lifting the front and the extra drop will somewhat maintain the same attitude of the car. Small difference I know but it sounds good in theory.
From what I have read, I thought the Zanardi was either .4 or .5 inch equal drop.
The info on the FAQ gives the difference in roll centre height which may not be the same as ride height. I have briefly looked at how to determine roll centre and am definitely not thoroughly educated in the matter, all I know is it involves some calcualtion and drawing a few lines through the suspension geometry drawings to get the numbers.
I am thinking the truth of the matter is that since I am talking fractions of an inch, I would never notice the difference either way but since the newer stuff is said to be better, I guess if given the choice I would sleep better wheher it makes any difference or not :smile:
Cheers

As was said, talk to Chris.I don't think you need to worry about vehicle height as long as you use accepted +1 or + 2 tire sizes as per faqs,and use acccepted lowering methods of which both your choices are ok.

I just installed my new Type S suspension..feels very nice. I had stock shocks and dali racing springs on before but the ride was a little too bouncy for me. Now it feels stiff but streetable. Great feel in my opinion.

Here are the part #'s below..

51601-SL0-J04
52610-SL0-J02

Rick

Last edited:
Thanks kindly for the info and especially the performance feedback!
I know what you mean about the bouncy ride as when I dropped my RSX the joy was somewhat diminished for most of the time in the car.
By any chance have you installed upgraded swaybars. I was thinking of going with the SOS bars which are 22.2mm for less body roll. I don't want to make the same mistake of harshening the ride too much again but don't think the bars will affect it that much.

Thanks, Bruce

Last edited:
coiler said:
Thanks kindly for the info and especially the performance feedback!
I know what you mean about the bouncy ride as when I dropped my RSX the joy was somewhat diminished for most of the time in the car.
By any chance have you installed upgraded swaybars. I was thinking of going with the SOS bars which are 22.2mm for less body roll. I don't want to make the same mistake of harshening the ride too much again but don't think the bars will affect it that much.

Thanks, Bruce

The type S has the same sway bars as the OEM. The SOS are 100 % stiffer than OEM. You can install the type S first and look how it feels. The type S shocks are quite stiff (but not too harsh I think) so rolling is reduced. If you lower it by revalved Bilsteins like I do this this winter if SOS can supply me with the parts rolling will be reduced even more. I think it's one of the best combos for street use.
See: http://dwolsten.tripod.com/articles/nsx3.htm

Regards,
Thomas

Wheelman said:
Here are the part #'s below..

51601-SL0-J04
52610-SL0-J02

Rick

These must be the Zanardi springs alone, aren't they? Are J04 and J02 correct? J = japanese, 00 = setup code

Those numbers are for the complete Type S suspension..springs already installed on the struts. Wrote those numbers down directly from the box, after install.

I think the fronts have 2 part numbers, a left and right assembly.

2002+ Type S Suspension part numbers are;
51601 SL0 J04 - Right
51602 SL0 J04 - Left

And the rears are interchangeable?
52610 SL0 J02

For reference the

2002+ Type R Suspension
51601 SL0 R01 - Right
51602 SL0 R01 - Left

52610 SL0 R01 - Rears

You do realize this thread is 9 years old:):). Good info though, Thanks

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
You do realize this thread is 9 years old:):). Good info though, Thanks

Regards,
LarryB

Lol yes, I was looking for the part number myself and realized the prior information was missing the left front suspension part number. Thought it was worth the update to include the complete data for the part's.

Time flies I've noticed on this site :) Testament to the owner base over the years!

Ira

Back