• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Replica 02 headlights

Has anyone consider making replica version of 02 headlights? GT-Rom has done it, not exact replica, but close enough.

I personally would not mind having plastic headlight covers instead of glass. I do not see why it can't be done in a cost effective way, especially having it made in Southeast Aisa.

There are plenty of aftermarket headlights available for other cars that cost anywhere from $200~$700 a set. A pair of brand new oem euro glass Supra headlights with projectors cost $450. In comparison 02 nsx headlights cost $2k. It is probably not even as complex or as expensive to make as Supra headlights.

Obviously there are other parts required besides the headlight itself. mounting bracket, support, etc. Maybe the exact replica can also use oem 02 mounting brackets or custom made mounting bracket.

Last edited:
We will have GT-Rom's headlights in stock shortly.

I think the interior of the headlamp from GT-One can be painted to match the car.

Me too, put me on the list. Will HID's fit this headlamp?

Guys -
I have 2 sets coming over. One for a project vehicle and one for mine. My car usually never sees new or aftermarket parts because others buy them before I can get them on. But these lights will go on my car.

Do you want to do a group buy?
We will need 10 people to get the best deal. I will even throw in a CF NA2 hood (Group Buy) for those who want to covert to this model. Also I will run a special on NA2 bumpers to complete the deal.

how much? I'm interested. Possibly the hood too. already have a bumper. I can see if anyone else local is interested.

Last edited:
2NRWerks.com said:
Guys -
I have 2 sets coming over. One for a project vehicle and one for mine. My car usually never sees new or aftermarket parts because others buy them before I can get them on. But these lights will go on my car.

We will need 10 people to get the best deal. I will even throw in a CF NA2 hood (Group Buy) for those who want to covert to this model. Also I will run a special on NA2 bumpers to complete the deal.

heck yeah, count me in for:

1 2002+ CF hood
1 NA2 bumper prease

025.jpg

Why would anyone with a sportscar want to remove their OEM-quality lamps and install headlights that emit less light than stock? And, are no where even close in terms of build quality and reliability?

The OEM lamps cost money because they're worth money. Much like any quality component, it should meet AND/OR exceed OEM performance.

Supra headlamps are not HID-spec, so you simply cannot compare it with a halogen-spec headlamp like that of the Supra. OEM 350Z HID-spec headlamps are ~750 per headlamp, complete with all necessary wiring, bulb, and HID components. Put aside how exclusive and rare the NSX is, its not far prise-wise from what the 350Z lamps cost.

Talking about less expensive headlamps is like saying "I want organic brakes for my NSX."

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

nsxsupra said:
I personally would not mind having plastic headlight covers instead of glass. I do not see why it can't be done in a cost effective way, especially having it made in Southeast Aisa.

You are aware that some of the poorest quality products are manufactured there as well? Everything from HID kits to poor quality bulbs, not to mention fantastic products like altezza-styled lights for a Civic LX.

Its pretty much known, products like those do not fit well, have poor quality seals, and often have condensation issues. I've even seen cases where headlamps use projectors with H3 bulb, a bulb intended for fog lamp use. Imagine that, using a fog lamp as your primary lighting source! I can imagine doing 120+ mph and having that warm feeling of safety, illuminating the road with such fine lighting products.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

2NRWerks.com said:
Guys -

I'm pretty sure I'm in for the group buy for both the headlights and hood. Can you please give us a price estimate??

I'm kind of shocked that Mr. Tamura would be willing to do a "group buy". I guess as long as you have all the money up front, anything is possible. Don't get me wrong, Hitoshi Tamura is a great guy and I can't say enough positive things about him. I just don't understand what type of relation 2NR Works has with GT-ROM, if any at all. I always thought of GT-ROM to be more....selective in who they deal with.

Just a note: The headlights are made of plastic, much softer than OEM. I plan on covering the lense with protective film to minimize stone damage. As they have sat in the box for the last 2 months, I have no idea how they will perform once they actually go onto my car. My guess is they would not perform well on a daily driver, that much is clear.

Juice said:
I'm kind of shocked that Mr. Tamura would be willing to do a "group buy". I guess as long as you have all the money up front, anything is possible. Don't get me wrong, Hitoshi Tamura is a great guy and I can't say enough positive things about him. I just don't understand what type of relation 2NR Works has with GT-ROM, if any at all. I always thought of GT-ROM to be more....selective in who they deal with.

Just a note: The headlights are made of plastic, much softer than OEM. I plan on covering the lense with protective film to minimize stone damage. As they have sat in the box for the last 2 months, I have no idea how they will perform once they actually go onto my car. My guess is they would not perform well on a daily driver, that much is clear.
----------------------------------------------------------
Juice, so you have a set IN HAND now? if so, please post pics..Son get it for you right? I want those lamps since I frist saw it and the Veilside side mirrors.
Damn it!! I want them!!!!!!!!!

Back