• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pic Requested of 18/19 setup on NON LOWERED Acura NSX

Debating if I should get some 18/19 inch wheels but do not want to deal with the hassle of lowering my car for a number of reasons.

If anybody has any link or pictures they can share of 18/19 in setup on any stock suspension - non lowered nsx I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

just got mines put on, haven't lowered the car yet, 215/35/18 front 265/30/19 rear, I got about a 3 finger gap all around. I'll try to get some pics

i've got a single pic of a 19" rear wheel in my owners gallery if you want to look there (stock suspension at time of pic).

IMO, if you get 18/19 wheels without lowering the car then this will defeat the whole purpose of 18/19. 18/19 set ups are certainly just for look. With the stock height, NSX with 18/19 looks like a four wheel drive truck albeit a very low one. I currently have 17/18 and have been waiting for my new 18/19 forever to arrive. I think for the stock height, even the 17/18 looks too tall let alone 18/19. $0.02
Steve

See my wheels gallery. I still haven't lowered mine yet because the damn tire shop hasn't gotten my Bilsteins in yet.

I disagree with saying you HAVE to lower the car. It does sit pretty low already, plus lowering the car you introduce a whole new host of problems. I'd take a nice set of 18/19 non lowered vs stock wheels and lowered anyday. But with the 18/19 combo, the overall tire size for 275x30x19 is increased by nearly .5". So a 1" drop works to be about a .5" drop compared to stock. You could accomplish this with just a set of Bilsteins and you would still be able to get your alignment in spec.

I still have hesitation on lowering because of alignment (camber) issues and drivability. I really want to get an easily adjustable suspension like air bags/canisters but no one seems to do that well right now.

Malibu Rapper said:
I'd take a nice set of 18/19 non lowered vs stock wheels and lowered anyday. But with the 18/19 combo, the overall tire size for 275x30x19 is increased by

I currently have my car lowered on Eibach springs on the upper perch of the Bilstein shocks. Ride is good and only on sharp turns with speed (like making a fast U-turn) the tire will rub slightly on my car. But if I go slow, I don't have any problems. I did notice that before I put the 18/19 wheels on (already lowered) and I had the stock 16/17 setup, my front lip was literally 2" from the ground. I would scrape on everything. Therefore I would have to agree with the above statement. With the 18/19 wheels, I have about 4" of clearance on the lowest part. Sure that's still low, but that small difference makes a huge difference when I'm driving. Granted, my front lips scrapes a little bit on steep driveways or parking lots, but with the larger wheels I have a lot more ground clearance, even with the car lowered.

nsxexotic said:
Debating if I should get some 18/19 inch wheels but do not want to deal with the hassle of lowering my car for a number of reasons.

If anybody has any link or pictures they can share of 18/19 in setup on any stock suspension - non lowered nsx I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

What wheels were you thinking of?

Here is the best pics I can find at stock height with 225 and 275 tires.
DSCN7552.JPG

DSCN7547.jpg

before i installed my 18/19 set i thought i would have to lower the car. after actually doing it and living with the set up for a few months i have decided against it. you probably won't have the answer to your question until you put the new wheels on your own car. if you choose your tires correctly the over all diameter should not change much, therefore the car is not really any higher.

hope some of this helps,

rk

nsxexotic said:
hey thanks a lot for the pic... it really helped my decision to buy new wheels :) doesn't look bad at all not lowered.

I agree. Anything less than 18/19 though I think you have to lower. My 17/18 setup just looked too small and there was too much rubber, not enough wheel.

18/20 I think is a great combo if the wheels you want come in that size. 20 fits just right! Here is a pic of nsx_pr's car with 20s in the back, 18s in the front. If my wheels came in a 20, I would have done this, too.

index.php

He claims there were no TCS problems. I'd gladly disconnect my TCS for dubs in the back. :)

Here is my setup and a few pictures...not sure if it helps...

NuSpeed Springs (lowered about ¾”)
Works Wheels (from RM Racing, 16” Front and 17” Rears)

Attachments

• side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 468
  • back2.jpg
    back2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 427
Back