• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

D1 Guy-Another Great EPS Rack Repair

I have been gradually mechanically refreshing my car, replacing or rebuilding things that are worn or likely to break in the near future. At first I hadn't planned on doing this, figuring my car only has 48k miles on it, and it wouldn't really benefit. After talking to Matt, he convinced me that all NSX's will benefit from this, that the racks are affected by time, and that some of the parts are upgraded to a quality not available when the racks were made. I decided to do it,figured I may as well get the benefit for a longer period of time.
The difference is much more dramatic than I expected, I felt it immediately. Steering is heavier in a good way, it was looser before than I thought. Road feel is better,and it is more precise than before.
Matt is a really nice guy, and his enthusiasm for our cars was evident. Communication was excellent, I got updates with pictures, and turn-around time was quick. My rack had one bent part, and he was able to replace it with a part from some extra EPS racks that he had smartly acquired.
We are lucky someone figured out how to do this,because EPS racks were becoming either exorbitantly priced ($7000+) or unavailable. Highly recommended.

Back