• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do people put in their frunk when there's no spare tire?

Anyone packing something interesting or unique? Or wish they did? I'm sure you could fit a baby seat in there... :eek:

Since a lot of us run with aftermarket wheels which wouldn't benefit from the spare tire the frunk could technically store something like a toolbox or fire extinguisher.

we placed a small carry on size luggage in the front in place of the spare for an nsxpo...just wrapped it in plastic...no issues.Some vendors had fabbed up a small metal storage box for the spare tray as well.

hamster2.jpg

I'd like it if it were sealed from the elements. Who makes this frunk box for goodies?

it was dali...but you need to research buying from them....

A local owner put a small cooler full of ice and beer in the front. NSXCoolern.jpg

I can see putting an old-school leather satchel in there. I would want to cover it in a zipped-up plastic bag, but it would be pretty cool to pull up to the Ritz, pop the hood and retrieve the luggage.

I'd been rolling ideas around myself ranging from the easy to the ridiculous. Having had the car full to the gills for the trip to 'XPO late last year, I think If I could get a small toolbox and/or tool roll up there, and secured so it wouldn't bounce around, that would free up a lot of trunk space vs. my big blown-plastic toolbox I usually lug around. Even if I had to split stuff between a couple that could "nest" up there. It would also help more-evenly spread the load around the car, so everything's not hanging off the tail end.

Another thought, for weather-proofing was tucking a plastic sheet down in there and making a foam plug of the area to use to make a fiberglass tub with a lid or gasket on the top that would seal to the hood. I may yet do that, but don't have the facilities right now.

After getting a flat tire Friday, I almost want to put my spare back in!
Thankfully I was only to miles from home to go get it.

Intercooler pump and reservoir.

I am very, very, very seriously contemplating mounting one of these in the frunk (minus the hampster). I've had so many non-car-types ask me to pop the hood, and when I do they get such a confused look on their face.

The idea of doing that with one of these mounted, and then yelling Ahh, son of a b****h! The bastard got away! Now how the hell am I going to get home?!?!? is almost too good to pass up

^ That's a good idea. I too have had many of the same experiences. Quite funny to see peoples reactions.

Just a reminder; anything in that area are gets blasted with hot air coming through the radiator. Also, the area was designed to be relatively open to allow for hot air to escape from behind the radiator, so anything too large may hinder cooling and aerodynamic efficiency. Same thing happens when running a front underbody tray without a vented hood.

Mike B

Back