License Plate Camera Blocker

I have a Tricplate on my NSX. They have been out of production for years though. I agree with Bailey though on the blocker. its the only way to really not have to hit a button.

Just want to add one thing. In the small town I live in, we have several intersections with traffic cameras. Not only does the camera take a flash photo, it also records a videotape of your car passing through the intersection if a violation is detected. This would negate any advantage of the flash detection feature in my above post.

I thought a lot of states/cities were going to video cameras and they just freeze frame your vehicle to get the plate when the violation has been committed. So unless you had this thing blurred out at all times this wouldn't help in those places.

They still need the flash for "light fill" in daytime and of course would be necessary at night for obvious reasons. The video normally is not necessary to ID the vehicle itself but shows in real time how the infraction occurred and it all is posted on the departments website for the violator to review when ticketed.

perhaps an unpopular opinion...but maybe just slow down/stop running red lights?

perhaps an unpopular opinion...but maybe just slow down/stop running red lights?

You know I actually don't speed much and this is for my beat up Dodge Ram not my nsx. If you've ever driven in New Orleans there's about 10 school zones that will ticket you going 26mph in a 20mph zone. Most aren't clearly marked but some are. There's also an insane amount of traffic cameras that catch speeders, red light runners, and not fully stopping on red. I mean it's easier said then done. I'm not advocating speeding and running red lights by any means and most the time follow the laws.

You know I actually don't speed much and this is for my beat up Dodge Ram not my nsx. If you've ever driven in New Orleans there's about 10 school zones that will ticket you going 26mph in a 20mph zone. Most aren't clearly marked but some are. There's also an insane amount of traffic cameras that catch speeders, red light runners, and not fully stopping on red. I mean it's easier said then done. I'm not advocating speeding and running red lights by any means and most the time follow the laws.

I suppose that's a different situation then. There are fair tickets and unfair tickets. Have you tried using Waze to alert you of speed cameras?

No camera blocker or radar detector will save you from a stupid sting like this one. Note this is an "unmarked crosswalk" and see if you think the green car at 1:09 could have reasonably seen the decoy stroller in the median from 3 lanes over and blocked by a Honda Pilot and Chevy pickup truck as well as vehicle in front of her. In other parts of the video it is evident that the decoy is stepping out in front of moving traffic expecting them to immediately stop. I don't really care what the "code" says, you should never step in front of moving vehicles. And this narrator trying so hard to make it seem like it's always the driver's fault. The woman at the beginning of the video didn't even know if it was a "legal" crosswalk until told so by the police. There is another video of a decoy stepping out in front of a car which locks up the brakes in a full skid narrowly avoiding a collision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXqvP6Nkvpg

Last edited:
No camera blocker or radar detector will save you from a stupid sting like this one. Note this is an "unmarked crosswalk" and see if you think the green car at 1:09 could have reasonably seen the decoy stroller in the median from 3 lanes over and blocked by a Honda Pilot and Chevy pickup truck as well as vehicle in front of her. In other parts of the video it is evident that the decoy is stepping out in front of moving traffic expecting them to immediately stop. I don't really care what the "code" says, you should never step in front of moving vehicles. And this narrator trying so hard to make it seem like it's always the driver's fault. The woman at the beginning of the video didn't even know if it was a "legal" crosswalk until told so by the police. There is another video of a decoy stepping out in front of a car which locks up the brakes in a full skid narrowly avoiding a collision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXqvP6Nkvpg

:confused:What does this have to do with the topic :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

I have been using waze for a few months now and its great for stationary ticket traps as well as mobile . I dont know about your state but NY clearly states that no part of your plate shall be blocked or covered with anything including clear plastic covers or frames

I have been thinking about this also was thinking hinges on the bottom with a pull lever like the gas tank kinda wire.

but since Florida just passed a law that they are not legal so all camera tickets are thrown out. well at least redlight cameras are. not sure about speed cameras

august 23 they threw them all out. that was my last red light ticket my lawyer said they threw them all out

- - - Updated - - -

now they don't send your a letter on the mail they let it slide.

Here's an outside the box suggestion... get a bike rack and put a bike on it. That'll "block" your license plate from view... :P

Seriously though, I always wondered about it on cars especially on the highway going through EZ passes... you could just have a bike and blow past tolls and also even cameras, what could they see other than your bike??

Back