New Member - '92 GPW

congratulations on finding a lightweight GPW!
I call the 91-94's the lightweight's or the Senna edition
There where only around 320 white NSX 5-speed coupes imported into the US,
Probably only 200-250 of those are left, by the time you subtract totaled cars, race car conversions, and rebuilt titles.
It took me 2-3 years to find mine around 8 years ago.
Don't ever sell it. You will get PM'd by dreamers every so often, I almost made a big mistake almost selling it once, and I thank myself for not selling it every time I see it.

Now, add headers/exhaust/RDX injectors w/chip for 30-40whp and Delete 200-300lbs for an additional 20-30 whp effect and you have an even more amazing car with around same power to weight as an older stock 2003 911 turbo.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
congratulations on finding a lightweight GPW!
I call the 91-94's the lightweight's or the Senna edition
There where only around 320 white NSX 5-speed coupes imported into the US,
Probably only 200-250 of those are left, by the time you subtract totaled cars, race car conversions, and rebuilt titles.
It took me 2-3 years to find mine around 8 years ago.
Don't ever sell it. You will get PM'd by dreamers every so often, I almost made a big mistake almost selling it once, and I thank myself for not selling it every time I see it.

Now, add headers/exhaust/RDX injectors w/chip for 30-40whp and Delete 200-300lbs for an additional 20-30 whp effect and you have an even more amazing car with around same power to weight as an older stock 2003 911 turbo.

Enjoy!

Awesome, thanks for the tips! I really don't see myself ever selling it unless something unforseen like octuplets comes along.

I've been slowly fixing the little things first before I start doing performance mods. I've got a slow driver window and working on getting a working OEM radio as my audio outputs are fried. I need to clean out the climate control fan to rid of the buzzing. Once all that's done, I'll definitely be picking up some headers and going from there.

As far as weight is concerned, I guess that's motivation to start on this beer gut of mine :wink:

Only 486 GPW were made for the planet so not many to start with.
Do the right things and DON"T mod the shit out of it.

Cheers
nigel

Only 486 GPW were made for the planet so not many to start with.
Do the right things and DON"T mod the shit out of it. Cheers Nigel

I agree with Nigel
You have a rare NSX.
Before you alter it significantly from OEM I'd spend the time (and money) getting it back to first rate condition.
Get the maintenance, climate control and Bose amps rebuilt by Briank, Hugo's window kit and metal window thingies, engine oil leaks, oem stereo head unit working etc.
You'll likely find there's several thousand dollars to be spent just getting it all working.

While you're doing that you can also spend time learning about how a mid-engined car corners, brakes, etc.
When you get to the point that you can drive the stock NSX past its limits then you might consider doing some work on brakes, suspension, or power.
It's worth keeping in mind that your car is rare and some mods you may consider may lower the value of your car or at best not increase it.
A well maintained stock GPW should increase in value nicely over time.
I would also suggest the pride, prestige and respect associated with driving a stock GPW will increase as well.

OEM stereo

There is a service like BrianK, (Brian doesn't do stereos) has for speakers and climate controls, that does OEM stereos good as new instead of getting gouged by someone for another one. Pricing is reasonable like Brian as well.

Cheers
nigel

Thanks for the suggestions guys I appreciate it. The previous previous owner had aftermarket speakers / amp put in but had it all wired to an aux. I'm in the process of getting an oem stereo operational without breaking the bank. I just can't believe how expensive used ones are let alone new ones. I found a working used one from a prime member without the face plate so I'm hoping I can Frankenstein it together. I believe it's in the mail but I don't have a tracking number yet lol.

BrianK actually rebuilt the CCU that's on there. Once I get the stereo done I'll be clear bra'ing the whole front end to keep it pristine and then go for the windows.

I don't plan on going balls to the wall with mods just basic bpu's for now. And you're right I'd really like to truly get a grip on the handling of this car, pun intended.

I should also add the previous owner did all the necessary maintenance I believe in 2013 or so. Timing belt, oil pan gasket, etc. I also had the notorious NSX tech here in CO give it an inspection and he said it's in tip top shape which he rarely sees so that was excellent news.

Last edited:
Back