• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Group Buy Pole2Flag Pre-preg Carbon Bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Si Da-vee:biggrin:. that is the logical plan for us but we are keeping our day job and we discover we don't multi-task very well. Just barely finished the ABS Delete and we screwed up the R style center console big time using pre-preg. We are gonna use RTM so its uber bling right out of the mold and no additional work is needed unlike pre-preg. all the non-stress part(b-pillar, rear hatch valence, side duct, interior etc)will be RTM.

Last edited:
Just came across this thread. these bumpers look awesome.

Just one question though: How do you think these CF-bumpers compare with the OEM steel/aluminum bumpers when it comes to crash protection?
I totally understand that these have not been tested for that, but especially the front beam plays a very important part in the protection of yours truly in the case of a frontal hit.

Not to brag too much but they do look awesome and feel next to nothing in person and too bad its all covered up.

we have an answer for your valid question but not necessary a "good" answer.
The short answer is we have no idea what this will do during an impact but the orientation of the pre-preg is the strongest it can be short of autoclave and we have foam inside to cushion the blow. Its for off-road use only.:wink:

The long answer is we'll do anything to lower the polar moment to improve the handling dynamics of the car.
This was the 1st mod we did(along with the spare delete -FREE:smile: and GTLW- not free:frown:) on the car to reduce the polar moment and the difference can be felt immediately ALL the time with no bad after taste. That's roughly 100 lbs. gone and the car felt smaller and more nimble.

If you drive 10/10 at speed and goes off, the oem steel/alum will absorb all the energy and if you bend the frame, your chassis is basically toast. Is our bumper stronger than oem? I don't know and I doubt it. But in theory, pre-preg will shatter during impact and possibly can save depending on impact speed. AFAWK, there is not a single racing class in the US that the purse is large enough to risk our unrepairable chassis. So, if you drive within your ability, you can surely appreciate a lower PMI car. Depending how we do as a new biz, we'd like to build a pre-preg front bumper cover in the future as the oem is not light.

Attached are the frt & rear alum bumpers for the Big Mac(12C/650/P1...etc) for reference. Not much to it.
But the whole frt and rear sections are bolted to the carbon tub so incase a crash, the whole section will be replaced. Thats pretty smart. We don't have that option with the NSX.

Last edited:
Not to brag too much but they do look awesome and feel next to nothing in person and too bad its all covered up.

we have an answer for your valid question but not necessary a "good" answer.
The short answer is we have no idea what this will do during an impact but the orientation of the pre-preg is the strongest it can be short of autoclave and we have foam inside to cushion the blow. Its for off-road use only.:wink:

The long answer is we'll do anything to lower the polar moment to improve the handling dynamics of the car.
This was the 1st mod we did(along with the spare delete -FREE:smile: and GTLW- not free:frown:) on the car to reduce the polar moment and the difference can be felt immediately ALL the time with no bad after taste. That's roughly 100 lbs. gone and the car felt smaller and more nimble.

If you drive 10/10 at speed and goes off, the oem steel/alum will absorb all the energy and if you bend the frame, your chassis is basically toast. Is our bumper stronger than oem? I don't know and I doubt it. But in theory, pre-preg will shatter during impact and possibly can save depending on impact speed. AFAWK, there is not a single racing class in the US that the purse is large enough to risk our unrepairable chassis. So, if you drive within your ability, you can surely appreciate a lower PMI car. Depending how we do as a new biz, we'd like to build a pre-preg front bumper cover in the future as the oem is not light.

Attached are the frt & rear alum bumpers for the Big Mac(12C/650/P1...etc) for reference. Not much to it.
But the whole frt and rear sections are bolted to the carbon tub so incase a crash, the whole section will be replaced. Thats pretty smart. We don't have that option with the NSX.

Thanks very much for you answer.
Having crashed one NSX on the track already and having the bumper beam absorping most of the impact (luckily), I have to think on this on this a bit more.

We have received a few PMs asking us to offer this product at the Intro Price of $1600/pair + $40 shipping as a GB and we thank you for believing in what we believe in this product. We want more people to experience the benefits 1st hand so we are making a small batch of 5. You can buy just the front or the rear at $800 + $25 shipping. (Add 8% tax if you are in CA and 3% of total if you do Paypal) If you need a front lic. plate mount, that is $50 extra.

They weight ~3lbs. each compare to the OEM at ~24lbs. This product fits all years. for more detail plz visit pole2flagracing.com

This product is 100% pre-preg carbon fiber beam (aka dry carbon)
Benefits are:
1) improving the acceleration, braking, turn-in, steering feel, etc. (aka: roll, pitch, & yaw) by removing over 40lb+ of weight from the far ends of the car. 2) The net result is a more nimble, sharper handling car at
ALL times at low speed or high speed.
3) Once this part is installed properly, there is no maintenance or negative side effect you need to monitor and fix.
4) It makes the car more efficient overall.

For international, please PM for shipping cost.

The est. delivery is 3-4 weeks or less when you pay in full.

Last edited:
so tempting.... I promised I would stop buying shit soon.

hahaha who hasnt

Lol it's the biggest lie ever. I started with "I'll only buy an exhaust"... Now $70,000 later.... I still think I need carbon bumper beams. They sure look nice lol

Thank you for those who stopped by our booth and checked out our pre-preg bumper beams. Many were surprised by the light weight but more importantly is the manufacturing process of pre-preg which is much stronger and lighter than most CF parts on the market. Formula 1 cars are made this way AND autoclaved so its even stronger, lighter, and $$$$ more than our process. The process is the key to make CF parts strong and light. For wt. comparison sake, our DF carbon R-wing(a beautiful piece) weights double than our bumper beam of similar size.

As stated by MvM above, a steel beam will absorb shock load upon impact and the energy/force will transfer to the alum frame and "hopefully" it will not bend the frame otherwise the frame is toast. CF will shatter upon impact as its very stiff but does not yield so the energy gets dispersed. Our bumper beams are not hollow but filled with foam but will protect the frame upon low speed impact.

We have two people signed up and we are extending this GB price until the end of Oct. then the price will go up $100 each. Shipping est. $25-40 depending on your location.
If you want both beams(the proper upgrade), you have the option of buying just one for now and we will honor the same price for the other later.
* This is not a mod but an upgrade with higher tech material, better manufacturing process, and will improve the handling of your car on the street or on the track and loosing >40lbs at the far end of the car, does wonders for handling in acceleration, braking, turing. No other AM CF product for the NSX can make this claim and be at this price point. If you are buying similar product from other vendor, make sure its pre-preg otherwise you are throwing your money away.

1. James U.
2. Roger E.

Roman, See post #53 . Upon impact, it will shatter in pieces as CF does not yield like metal. At low speed impact, the internal foam will absorb the load to minimize the energy transfer to the frame.

For reference, our miata pre-preg hardtop took 3000lbs of load and did not shatter. It is the process of how is made(pre-preg) that makes it strong compare to other common layup methods(RTM, resin infusion, etc). You don't see many pre-preg AM parts on the market as its more involved but looks similar from the outside but much more expensive to produce.

We did this purely to improve the polar moment of the car using a manufacturing method that commonly used in building racecar parts. Many newer cars have done away with steel bumper beams to save weight. The later year alum bumper from Honda for our car doesn't look as "beefy" and the early steel bumper cars. We took to another level using CF. Let us know if Honda has crash-worthy-ness data on the alum beam.

It is not viable for us to crash bunch of pre-preg bumpers as the unit cost will be none affordable.

Last edited:
Tim, this is fantastic looking product. I understand it serves your target purposes very well. At the same time I feel like if you could provide more data on how it will behave upon impact it would yield many more sales. After having few mishaps recently of almost being rear ended as well as locking up and almost hitting brake checking idiot ahead I'm really interested in seeing how these bars withstand at least head on impact (not angled or anything). I would love to have them both installed.

We'll think about it Roman. To crash test the beams we had at the Expo makes us :frown:. Its a lot of effort to build one of these properly and honestly we're not sure if people will buy based on our tests as its a can be a can of worms. One data point requires more data points to validate and it can go on and on.
We understand the concerns of potential buyers like you as its a very niche part.

We are making another batch of this and it will take 2-3 weeks to deliver after GB is closed. Add $50 if you need front lic. mount. No other carbon/pre-preg part offers the improvement of quicker handling which can be felt on the street and on the track. Losing 40 lbs. does wonders at the far ends:wink:
Made locally in the USA, not sourcing parts from Asia. We'll put your name on it for nice touch.

1. Tom S. (frt/rear w/ lic. mount)
2. Tim (frt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back