Cheap auto with ~79k miles?

UPDATE: AD IS A SCAM - read post #9 and #10

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/4494588296.html

I came across this ad on craigslist and thought I should share it with members who are looking for an auto.

1991 black/black with 79420 miles according to the ad.

Seller is asking $16800 and it seems like its in a pretty good condition.

Good luck

Last edited:
Auto or not, that's cheap, with clean tittle and maintenance up to date. Someone should be all over this.

Know what chaps my ass.. I missed a manual one for sale for $14,000 local to me just a few hours after it sold.

Pretty sure this is NOT a clean title. Are there NSX owners out there that have never heard of google? The most obvious explanation is usually the correct one

Pretty sure this is NOT a clean title. Are there NSX owners out there that have never heard of google? The most obvious explanation is usually the correct one

What is there in the ad to google though? I don't see a vin or anything in the add that you could possibly get the cars history from. It says clean title...

What is there in the ad to google though? I don't see a vin or anything in the add that you could possibly get the cars history from. It says clean title...
I was refering to the seller, not potential buyers. If you're selling a car, wouldn't you look up the resale value? Just don't understand why someone would leave $10k on the table, but I guess it does happen from time to time?

I was refering to the seller, not potential buyers. If you're selling a car, wouldn't you look up the resale value? Just don't understand why someone would leave $10k on the table, but I guess it does happen from time to time?

Ahh, my bad. I guess thats what its worth to him lol. Probably listened to a friend who "knows about cars"...

i knew these pictures looked familiar. These pictures were for a florida car listed on ebay ending around early march. According to the original ebay ad, this car has 128k miles. This craigslist ad could either be a scam or the seller is merely using existing pictures that resemble his/her own car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Acura-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Above is the link to the original ebay motors ad. If the link doesnt work simply apply the "sold listings" filter when searching acura nsx.

I saw this post on a local SC craigslist. Emailed seller, elaborate pitch with lots of photos. He said he has owned car since 2007 and he is currently in UK. Car is supposed in Houston and seller wants to use Autobytel to handle payment.
Too good to be true usually is.

Thanks @JohnWayne, and @bobert486.

I updated the thread but still left the link so that others will know which ad to look out for. :mad:

^Well that saying may be true most of the time, but not always. :smile:

Just a week or two ago, a 2 owner nsx (father &son) with ~205k miles was posted on craigslist in for $20k. It had all scheduled maintenances done and all the documents were available.

Car was gone in 2 days. Then again, maybe mileage is high so $20k might've been a fair price, but I thought it was a good price. :tongue:

Back