Is the gtk 550 too big

95 nsx, max with stock fuel pump and 440cc injectors.

- - - Updated - - -

95 nsx, looking for safety with stock fuel pump and 440cc injectors. I would guys that would be somewhere around 400hp

I found a new 550gtk for 400.

95 nsx, max with stock fuel pump and 440cc injectors.

- - - Updated - - -

95 nsx, looking for safety with stock fuel pump and 440cc injectors. I would guys that would be somewhere around 400hp

I found a new 550gtk for 400.

I don't have experience with the turbonetics on any of my cars, but If that is new for $400 is sounds like a good deal. The turbo is a 61mm similar to a 35r. You could reach 400whp with a smaller turbo, but it's still not a bad choice.

I'm not sure how much power you can make on the stock fuel pump though. Maybe others can comment on that. My car still has the stock fuel pump in the tank...but a walbro 255 in the surge tank.

Without a boost-a-pump you will not get to 400whp on a stock pump, or the 440cc injectors. With a boost-a-pump and about 80PSI fuel pressures you may get to 400whp.

Stock pump on CTSC is good for about 350whp. You can maybe extend this a bit if you redo the OEM fuel rails and get rid of all the banjo fittings in the system, there are 5 of them and they are more restrictive than a standard AN fitting, but you will still be on the edge of what is possible with little reserve. It makes more since to replace the pump and enlarge the injectors so you have a safety margin to play with.

Dave

Last edited:
What's boost a pump? I think the SOS fuel pump is only 130$ but the install looks really terrible. What advantages is this boost a pump ( I assume increases stock fuel pump ).

Also my gtk500 purchase fell through. Explain why I need a 1000- 1300$ turbo when my car can only handle 6-9 psi please. My gut says almost any small turbo will spool like hot beans and can handle that PSI. I am sure I'm wrong but I don't understand why.

Don't take this completely the wrong way but going by prior threads and what you're attempting to do on your car has made me post this.

- the best bang for the buck kit is angus's kit.
- all your questions have been answered in threads along the way at one point
- if you search hard enough to find the answers you can probably piece together everything needed excluding pipe design in which case I'll go back to saying angus's kit is probably the most economical on the market

I am sorry if information is available elsewhere, I will make sure to do more searches before I post but usually I try.

I'm building the exhaust/ piping kit to be manufactured in china. I know some people who worked for Kodak, he says it's pretty easy. Before you say anything about china, I worked for a company who has a medical grade factory and trust me this work is really not on par with building lasers. In 6 months to a year we will see what happens.

RJ

Back