Anyone install a checkered flag garage floor?

I have racedeck in my garage... (well pre SANDY) and will again after its been repaired.

what you have there in that link is laminate flooring which has a glue back. I never installed it but i know racedeck is simple to install. easy click lock and non porous.

I think a lot of the longevity is based on your climate and condition of your slab etc. If you have any issues with the slab sweating or holding moisture, the race deck style floating tiles may be better for you sense the adhesive may let go on the self-stick ones. If you don't have any of those issues, there is a good chance it may last a while. We had some at our old shop and they lasted for 4-5 years before they started coming off.

I have the Racedeck too, 7 years and no problems. I had it installed but it didnt take them long.

I didn't use adhesive, I did MotoFloor/ Racedeck also from Costco.com.
It allowed me to do certain patterns that I wanted, like the white strips under the car to highlight leaks, black strips for the tires to hide dirt/ carbon and checkers in the middle. When I installed a portable lift last month I put the anchors under tiles that just pull up and unsnap when I want to position the masts:

I have the Swisstrax tiles, very easy to install and maintain. I would recommend an underlayment ( similar to the thin foam used under laminate flooring) to insulate/ sound deaden. Swisstrax offers a wide selection of styles,colors and even custom patterns to personalize your floor.

It allowed me to do certain patterns that I wanted, like the white strips under the car to highlight leaks, black strips for the tires to hide dirt/ carbon and checkers in the middle. When I installed a portable lift last month I put the anchors under tiles that just pull up and unsnap when I want to position the masts:
[

What kind of lift is that?? I think I just felt my Xmas bonus get lighter... It moves??

Hmmm... I need to this too. Anybody have issues with the Racedeck?

I bought a Maxxjaxx approximately 5 years ago for $1500. It's a bit more now. Works like a charm. Only issue is that it goes up only 4 ft(which is fine with me)

That lift system is sweet! Where'd you get it at? I've been looking for something for my 9'9" ceiling.

Oh and for flooring I took the easy way out and did a epoxy coating.

Last edited:
Costco at one point also sold those MaxJax lifts. A local guy just bought a set. I think they're about $2,000 + Shipping now.

When I build my shop I am putting a 2 post lift in it, however I am going to weasel a set of MaxJax in for our 2 car (so I don't have to move trailers/vehicles, etc just do a quick oil change or something to that effect.

Back