• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'95/'97 NSX Review on Youtube - Everyday Driver

Great review and I agree with them. For 40K + there are better options out there. I can't believe that a 95 one of the least desirable models can get a asking price of 37K.

Good review.
One thing they missed, is the cost of a car is more accurately measured by 'total cost of ownership', than just upfront cost.
If a Porsche Cayman deprecates $10,000 in 3 years and the NSX goes up in value, then technically a $60,000 used NSX is cheaper than a $40,000 used Cayman.

Last edited:
Good review. I cannot agree on the 5 speed though. I would never go back to that after the 6.

Very Nice and good review.
I am happy to see they do not do the standard HP and torque-talk or all mention the gadgets that are or are not present in the NSX, but focus on the experience of the car, which, imho, is what sports car all about.
I have never seen these guys before in a review, but it is nice to see that they rate the NSX so higly, even though the basis car is over 20 years old.
I don't remember seeing a review like this about a '92 911 or Esprit which says that, with a bit of extra power, the car can still me competitive with current day cars.

Very Nice and good review.
I am happy to see they do not do the standard HP and torque-talk or all mention the gadgets that are or are not present in the NSX, but focus on the experience of the car, which, imho, is what sports car all about.
I have never seen these guys before in a review, but it is nice to see that they rate the NSX so higly, even though the basis car is over 20 years old.
I don't remember seeing a review like this about a '92 911 or Esprit which says that, with a bit of extra power, the car can still me competitive with current day cars.

One could argue that those cars have been succeeded by better models from the same manufacturer, so the discussion would be more along the lines of "get a newer one" rather than add more power to an old one.

The NSX has no such successor.

Great review. I have never driven a 5 speed. As far as price I bought my Nsx because I have always dreamed of owning one. It's a special car and you cant put a price on the attention it gets and how few you actually see on the road

I kind of agree about the money, I wouldn't even spend $50k on an 02 but there are plenty of people who do and their values are up there and higher. Anyway, who else saw the STMPO brace on the red car? Helped that canyon driving out quite a bit I bet but looked stock and went unnoticed!

I kind of agree about the money, I wouldn't even spend $50k on an 02 but there are plenty of people who do and their values are up there and higher. Anyway, who else saw the STMPO brace on the red car? Helped that canyon driving out quite a bit I bet but looked stock and went unnoticed!

I noticed a big difference with the stmpo going down my driveway. Not many other places though.

This video helped reinforce my thoughts exactly on why I decided to purchase my NSX. I've been juggling the idea of trying out another car lately (namely the C6 Z06), but I have come to realize that there really is no replacement for the NSX. There may be "faster" and "better" cars out there, but not many cars can match the driving experience of the NSX.

Great video. Would watch again.

I noticed a big difference with the stmpo going down my driveway. Not many other places though.
I also have the Cedar Ridge harness bar in my car and it made a huge difference. I dont get any flex with the targa removed

Also extra points for possibly the most realistic description of NSX prices I've seen in any review.

Great review. I actually had a friend contact me a year ago or so who knows one (or both) of the guys and they were interested in using my car until the realized it was so heavily modified..and I think their travel plans changed or something.

Also, honestly, I could never imagine getting rid of my NSX for a Cayman S. Great car I'm sure, but common. :)

Very cool video, loved just watching the cars drive side by side. What I got from it and believe myself is the NSX is an amazing $30k car. The NA1 is an unbelievable value and you get 95% of what the NSX has to offer. However, I still wanted the extra 5% even though it doesn't make sense from a bang for the buck perspective. There is way too much competition in he $50k -$60k market which leaves the good NA2's to the fanatics. ;)

Good review. I cannot agree on the 5 speed though. I would never go back to that after the 6.

+1, There is no comparison between the 6 and the 5. With that said I use to be able to drive very twist roads staying in 2nd gear which is good if you don't want to shift. However, one of the shifts 1-2 or 2-3 actually falls out of V-Tec in the 5 which makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
I've watched few of their videos. They do a good job. As far as this one goes I think they missed main point - whoever is looking to buy or owns an NSX wants an experience not just in driving but ownership as well. Great community and friends with the same passion. It's one honest car and in majority of cases it attracts honest down to earth people. Aside from how it drives and how much pleasure it is to work on I'd say it's third most important thing. No bullshit or di$k measuring of any sort. Just appreciation of what an NSX is.

as far as owners go we have a greater that average number of engineers....seems logical.

... However, one of the shifts 1-2 or 2-3 actually falls out of V-Tec in the 5 which makes no sense to me.

From experience I can tell you 95/96's won't drop below VTEC. The 2nd gear ratio was made shorter than 91-94 models to address that problem.

Last edited:
Very cool video, loved just watching the cars drive side by side. What I got from it and believe myself is the NSX is an amazing $30k car. The NA1 is an unbelievable value and you get 95% of what the NSX has to offer. However, I still wanted the extra 5% even though it doesn't make sense from a bang for the buck perspective. There is way too much competition in he $50k -$60k market which leaves the good NA2's to the fanatics. ;)

+1, There is no comparison between the 6 and the 5. With that said I use to be able to drive very twist roads staying in 2nd gear which is good if you don't want to shift. However, one of the shifts 1-2 or 2-3 actually falls out of V-Tec in the 5 which makes no sense to me.

The side by side was great, but it made me nervous because it was my car (the yellow one) LOL They did a lot of what they call precision driving, side by side and front to rear at good speeds. The video makes the cars look like they were going slow, but that was not the case. In the end it was fun watching Paul and Todd make this video.

Back