02+ LED DRL option

Did this a few weeks ago....yay or nay? the lights are bright during the day and run off a converter box that regulates power and dim down when the light switch is turned on inside the car. They are mercedes 2011 compatible drl's turned upside down and flip flopped sides...

its a little different...but I THINK it flows okay....comments? questions? concerns?

nsxdrl.jpegnsxdrl2.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think they look bad, but I also dont think they flow with anything... even on a MB

They look nice. If they are OEM Mercedes, you've got the best quality on the market. Did you buy these new as I'm curious the cost.

I think for a DRL on an NSX, its the best I have seen. Can you post better pics? On/off, wider angles, better resolution?

attachment.php

the mercedes ones look the best i've seen on a facelift. at least they follow the line of the vent, and add a little flair, rather than the dodgy line of LEDs usually slapped in the hole!

looking good, well done for looking outside the box!

thought I would try something different. obviously to the untrained eye people don't know any better. Its completely reversible. Not that I'm trying to sell anyone on accepting the look but if i posted a video of it rolling down the road with the sun about to go down I think it would peak more interest. I'll take better pics maybe even video when I have some time.

I shoulld have something to showoff by the end of next month. I had a new set of 02 headlights sent to some friends in Cali, instead of painting, they're doing carbon fiber interiors, and then doing angel eyes/halos LED DRLS along with a newer bi-xenon bulb.

thought I would try something different. obviously to the untrained eye people don't know any better. Its completely reversible. Not that I'm trying to sell anyone on accepting the look but if i posted a video of it rolling down the road with the sun about to go down I think it would peak more interest. I'll take better pics maybe even video when I have some time.

Please post!

Update - we finally completed the engine swap and turbo kit. I swapped all of the console lights for the white LED's, and just doing this has made a significant difference in the color of the dash without any other changes. There is a much less orange color, and the numbers/letters are all considerably whiter when lit up. Unfortunately, some of the LED's are not working, so I am going to have to pull everything out and determine if they need to be put in upside down, or they are bad. I will post photos once I get them all working. In the meantime, I like the improvement thus far.

bohnamsurf photos or I will have you banned.

bohnamsurf photos or I will have you banned.

Do you want photos even though half of the bulbs aren't working?
I'll take some now, but I had planned on taking them when I pull dash apart and flip the bulbs that aren't working upside down to see if they're working.

Yes even half working is good with me.

Sorry for the delay, had my car tuned and the alternator failed, so I had to get a new shipped to Hawaii before I could run it again and take photos at night. I'm super stoked, I made 581.91 rwhp!!!

Anyways, here's the photos of my dash. I still haven't pulled it back out to change the left hand bulbs' positions so that they work, but you can see my speedo. Again, I did nothing but put in a pure white LED to acheive this effect. These photos were taken with my Iphone, so they're not best quality. In person, there's still a slight amber color, but overall it's a nice change. They're not too bright, and I like how it updates the overall look. I plan on making all the bulbs work ASAP. And yes, they are dimmable.

View attachment 103818
View attachment 103819

- - - Updated - - -

Oh DUH! I should have posted that in my other DIY thread.

My new headlights with carbon fiber inserts and Halo DRL's haven't come in yet. I will post those pics ASAP

Last edited:
Back