02+ Sideskirts.....Please post pics!

Anyone put oem or downforce oem style sides on their non-02+?

Last edited:
There are a lot of owners who have installed the 02+ side skirts on their car. Here are a couple shots of mine.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Thanks for posting this, as seems like 02+ Side skirts is a MUST on my car, yet, I see some, but not really that much difference to justify the price! :D

Ive been told the OEM quality is way better than the downforce.... not sure if thats true or not... but the guy that told me that was selling downforce skirts so that has to account for something.

And they look great on the pre 02 cars with pop up lights.

Last edited:
I have the downforce 02+ skirts on my 91. Let me tell you they fit amazing for an aftermarket part. Downforce makes some pretty good stuff, trust me once painted and installed you can't tell they aren't oem

Ive been told the OEM quality is way better than the downforce.... not sure if thats true or not... but the guy that told me that was selling downforce skirts so that has to account for something.

And they look great on the pre 02 cars with pop up lights.

Nothing can match OEM fitment. I got a deal on my OEM skirts, but it still was expensive and well worth it. I got tired of trying to get my Stacy's skirts to fit perfect they way I wanted them to fit. Downforce has great fitment for an aftermarket part, but OEM is so perfect and easy. All I did was get them painted, then installed them myseld in about 15 minutes. If you are going with the 02+ look, just get OEM. The OEM door inserts are also a much better fit and option vs aftermarket.

As for materials quality, OEM is made from the same poly propylene plastic as the original side skirts so you can't beat that. Downforce is fiberglass. Nothing wrong with fiberglass as it is easy to work with and repair.

Last edited:
Are OEM skirts still available?

Pchpleno, you should put pics up here...

I have used both DF and OEM. Go OEM if your not on a budget. The DF are ok as to fitment. I would rate a 8-8.5 out of 10 if you have a good batch. I have seen a few with issues in gapping and the front fender portion flaring away from the fender. The door caps all seem to have small pits from molding process which is an easy fix. If your body man can correct the small issues with the DF then other than type of material IE: FRP to Poly Plastic then I don't see no issue with installing the DF. The tab portions on the inner part of the DF was my main concern but filing them to fit the mounting tabs did not take to long.

That gaping on the front fender just needs a slight trim of the fiberglass. Very easy to do. Before painting anything you should always have it fitted to the car by your body shop.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353925097.551923.jpg

This was taken the day we installed the skirts.

Downforce gets the job done, just make sure they are fitted first so any issues can be fixed before installation:

DF sideskirts, OEM front bumper and rear valence.

prime1.jpg

WP_000279.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have a close up of the Downforce door inserts? particularly the front. When I had my Stacy's, the fiberglass door inserts where not the exact same shape as the OEM. The OEM has kind of a flare contour to the front edge while my Downforce ones where just basically straight. I like the OEM door inserts better. Just wondering if I had an old design or if that is still the way it is.

Back