Ebayer making a killing on their 16/17 nsx rims

I actually sold mine for roughly about the price that they are going for now, including shipping. This was bought from a guy in Europe tho... He seemed to be satisfied with my 16/17s upon delivery.

If I was looking for a replacement I would definitley go with these, forged and they really look great.

I paid more than that for some just like those ... only in mint condition with brand new tires. They were exactly what I wanted and I went into it with my eyes open.
:smile:

How are they making a killing? No one placed any bids.

The bids are up to $1324

The style is nice but not $1400 nice. There are sets here on prime going for ~$600. I've also seen some genuine 02+ sell here for $1500.

So $1400 for 16/17 are extremely high. There's a seller here now asking $675!

Compared to oem new price, yeah it's a steal. But if that's the case, my 15/16's should be worth more than the $100 I'm going to sell them for lol

97+ wheels are worth $1000+, nothing odd here.

So $1400 for 16/17 are extremely high. There's a seller here now asking $675!

Compared to oem new price, yeah it's a steal. But if that's the case, my 15/16's should be worth more than the $100 I'm going to sell them for lol

There was a set a few weeks ago that sold for $1625.
[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230337095767"][/URL]

There was also this set that sold for $560.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150340875206

The thing about the 15/16's is that though they are lightweight, their widths are on par with donuts, and there's no market for anyone to upgrade to them so they're priced strictly on demand. And yes, to many (me included) they don't look as nice as the 16/17's, though that's subjective. They are worthy track wheels though, when looks don't matter!

Plus I've noticed there are many people that agree that "father Honda knows best", look at the pricing for the type-R suspension and the ridiculous price for those seats!

Actually the more research I do, the more sensible the performance OEM stuff looks... though you sacrifice some of the exclusivity quotient. But then I sometimes put that in perspective, because NSX ownership is pretty exclusive as it is and maybe that's enough for now... until the mod bug bites again! :rolleyes:

So it all depends on your perspective: Yes, they seem expensive if you know that some people got them cheaper than a certain price but if you look at it the way the ad explains and at replacement cost, it could make very good sense to you as well. Also, they are actually pretty rare and I don't think there are any others available on the market (?) so perhaps timing and availability play a part. Plus it seems the painted finish is more popular than chrome.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why people spend so much on OEM wheels when you can get 16/17 aftermarket wheels, some of which are lighter, for less money

B/C the OEM wheels are BETTER, and beautiful! :biggrin:

DSC01310.jpg

... + light + handle great + you have faster acceleration etc etc..

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the Advan 5's and BBS lm's (like Rick's) ... but aftermarket wheels sometimes are WAY over PRICED .... + honestly about the 16-17 OEM's, they don't look bad when the car is lowered and on spacers/wheels adapters (ok Gun metal + red H's help) .. still, I think they look great, honestly, I LOVE MINE ....

I think the price is fair ....

Oscar

me again, sorry

and they are forged :) ... the 02+ OEM are also fantastic looking ...

1617ftmfw.jpg

+ aftermarket wheels are nice, but not "always" .... -only on rare cases like the Lm's or Advan 5's ... but then, to each it's own ..

I see Testarossa's running Stock 16's and they look great ...

DSC01439.jpg

Last edited:
you have a great taste for cars, coming from you it's a honor, thanks man!!!!
:)
Oscar

hmmmmmm just got some gunmetal OEMs......hmmmmmmmmm

I saw these on your car and thought they looked amazing. It is amazing how much better the oem wheels look when painted gunmetal. Stock wheels are fairly mundane, but the gunmetal color makes them special.

Oscar, the gunmetal wheels do look amazing. I need to see these in person. Is this a stock honda color?

I hate to paint/powdercoat my wheels but i feel someday it may come to this, especially since the advan model 5's are harder to find than a pink unicorn.

For the purist, the 15/16's are what HondaCorp intended but they overemphasize the age of the NSX.

patience...

... especially since the advan model 5's are harder to find than a pink unicorn.
I can at times source these, actually.

What size is desirable (ie. 17/17, 17/18, 18/19)?

Sometimes the condition is slightly rough (cosmetically speaking) so they'd have to be refinished to be flawless again or already may have been, so what finish is preferable (ie. silver, gun-metal, bronze, etc')?

Genuine Advan AVS Model-5 center-caps come at a premium, generally if not included; are those wanted as well?

Last edited:
Hello All. I have set of 4 1991 OEM rims that I chromed back in 1991. The rims are in very good condition only 500 miles on them before I bought new ones in 1992.

FRONT is 15 X 6.5 --- REAR is 16 X 8. Also tires are NOT included.

I am asking $1200 obo. I prefer local (Los Angeles) pick-up but will ship for actual cost.

Email me at: [email protected]

Yikes, hope Davidf doesn't see this thread....

:eek: :redface:

(I bought his 16/17's in perfect condition)

Last edited:
oye!?!

Hello All. I have set of 4 1991 OEM rims that I chromed back in 1991. The rims are in very good condition only 500 miles on them before I bought new ones in 1992.

FRONT is 15 X 6.5 --- REAR is 16 X 8. Also tires are NOT included.

I am asking $1200 obo. I prefer local (Los Angeles) pick-up but will ship for actual cost.

Email me at: [email protected]
Original owner w/ original rims, very nice! :cool:

However, you may have errantly added an extra "1" in your asking price (even if chromed)! :D

Back