Chassis pictures?

I always hear about the chassis on the NSX, all aluminum etc...does anyone have a picture of it bare? Maybe a restoration with it fully exposed? Or drawings etc?

Thanks

Pure Art.

Enzo once took pictures of the NSX chassis on display at the Geneva International Automobile Museum, but the link is no longer working.

However, I had a copy in my stash and uploaded them...

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

wow...it does look like a coke can!! No wonder the car doesnt wait anything!

wow...it does look like a coke can!!
... the first Coke can designed on a Cray supercomputer!

Using a Cray supercomputer, the engineers performed millions of Finite Element Modeling (FEM) and stress analysis calculations. The result of this research and development effort is a unit body structure that weighs approximately 462 lb (210 kg) with doors, hood and deck lids installed - about 40 percent less than a steel unit, but with the same rigidity and impact protection. The NSX structure is significantly stiffer than most of its competitors.

we have 2 at the shop all the way down to the frame... without front frame rails though....

enjoy the pics or come check them out yourself....

Regards

Attachments

• red front.jpg
    red front.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 323
  • red rear pass.jpg
    red rear pass.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 311
  • white front pass.jpg
    white front pass.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 291
  • white rear pass.jpg
    white rear pass.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 290
  • white side dr.jpg
    white side dr.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 318
Every day I fall deeper and deeper in love with these cars. :biggrin:
Thanks for sharing the great pics.

we have 2 at the shop all the way down to the frame... without front frame rails though....

enjoy the pics or come check them out yourself....

Regards

Are you fixing both cars or making 2 nsxes into One?

^ woooooooooooooooaw!!!!!!!! You have a project log for that!??!? I want to subscribe to that topic!!

^ woooooooooooooooaw!!!!!!!! You have a project log for that!??!? I want to subscribe to that topic!!

I 2nd that.

John that is absolutely STUNNING! What was involved in the process? besides 100's of hrs!

Back