GT-ONE rear bumper pics w/rebar

GT-ONE rear bumper pics w/rebar *updated pics*

I know most peeps don't put a rebar on because it doesn't fit properly. My body shop just took the foam out and trimmed near the licence plate area to make it fit. It came out really nice not to mention the safety aspect to it. imagine getting rear ended with out a rebar? **knock on wood** Thanks Henry for the fast shipping!! great product!

Last edited:
I also got the upper lower spoiler painted flat black to go with the R-GT bumper and oem valance. sorry, I know I needed to resize the pics, but anyhoo enjoy for the people that were looking to get one of these bumpers.

I can't really see any details, can you post bigger pics please?
:rolleyes:

I know most peeps don't put a rebar on because it doesn't fit properly. My body shop just took the foam out and trimmed near the licence plate area to make it fit. It came out really nice not to mention the safety aspect to it.
How deep did you have to cut into the crash bar around the license plate area?

Thanks,

How deep did you have to cut into the crash bar around the license plate area?

Thanks,

not that deep at all, just about a 1 inch trim on each side. you also have to cut grooves in each of the middle part behind the lower part of the vents. there's a part of the rebar that has a ledge going down, you just have to trim that part on the fiberglass aswell or just trim that piece off on the rebar. hope this helps

A Procar CF rear beam would look awesome in there.

ya.. CF would look really good,but might be hard to clean unless there's no mesh. that's why i got the shop to paint some area's flat black. it is hard to not get water in that area. i recommend not to spray water directly at the vented area or it will leave water spots. cheers!

I don't know... the bumper makes the car look like its missing something?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• rgt_2313o.jpg
    rgt_2313o.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,758
  • rgt_3847o.jpg
    rgt_3847o.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,623
I don't know... the bumper makes the car look like its missing something?

attachment.php

attachment.php

thx for resizing it!! a taitec rear diffuser seems like somethings missing compared to this! I love it, not many people will agree, but hey its my ride..my taste. i can fill that area in with two bags of uncle ben's rice or even stuffed animals if you like? j/k!
personally, if i were to do it again I would get a flat piece of aluminum/fiberglass(painted flat black) or even carbon fiber to put on the rebar where its vented to make it look more flat.

I'm a little puzzled. What's the point of the cut-outs in the bumper? :confused:

i believe it is for better flow. the air flows underneath and exits instead of parachuting the trapped air behind the bumper. much like the NSX-RGT design. its not like i'm gonna hit 180 on the freeway and feel the difference! it is more cosmetic for me and probably majority of the people that buy this.

No disrespect to you or Henry, but that bumper is fugly. What did you say goes in those two spots again? LOL, J/K. Not about the fugly part tho.

that bumper have a hit or miss factor and it varies from car to car even if its the same color. like what NSX R-GT said, on Sze Chi or on the GT-one demo cars, it looks bad ass. On your car it still looks good and doesn't bother me as much but it lacks that wow factor like on those other peoples car. I love the wheels though, and overall the car is very bad ass.

No disrespect to you or Henry, but that bumper is fugly. What did you say goes in those two spots again? LOL, J/K. Not about the fugly part tho.

my momma warned me about haters like u!!lol it doesn't bother me. there will be lover's and hater's. and the main thing is..I love it :biggrin: ftw!!

Put some CF in there to cover the bumper reinforcement bar.
You couldn't pay me to drive the car with out the bumper reinforcement. No cosmetic part is worth increasing your risk in an accident. my .02

i suggest that u paint the rebar or just remove it like Sze Chi did
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97411
it looks much better when its paint or removed!

it is nice without the rebar and my rebar is already painted flat black. my concern about removing the rebar is safety and insurance coverage. there are a lot of bad drivers out there! I just want safety for my wife/passengers and myself. Sze Chi's car is hott!

The weird look must be because the car is black or something.... look at these photos from the GT-ROM site:

68.jpg

65.jpg

62.jpg

61.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

in yellow and red, it looks awesome..i want one for mine (which is red)..

i guess its becasue of the angle he took the picture!
take some more picture with different angle, and post it again!

ps: its the same color and same bumper as Sze Chi's but i dont know y urs really ......:redface: .......(i can't think of a word to discribe it)
yeah like i said, take some more picture
it may change it!

Back